Make your own hedgehog feeding station
A) Paving slab on bricks. (Pic.1)
Leave a ½ brick gap to give access. Place the food & water bowls around the corner.
B) Plastic Boxes (Pic.2)
- Get a plastic box, about 12” wide, 18” long and 6” deep.
- Cut a hole 4” x 5” in one of the short ends. Use with a lid or turn upside down.
- Put the food at the opposite end so that a fox or cat cannot put their long arms in and pull out the food. Place a saucer on top as extra precaution, the Hedgehog will knock it off to get at the food.
- Put a brick or heavy weight on top of the box, to stop it being knocked over.
- Place the box with the entrance facing a wall, fence or place a brick 4” to 5” in front of the entrance to stop cats etc. from getting at the food.
- Hedgehogs love to go down alleyways so will get into the feeding station without any problems.